Privacy and Confidentiality
Confidentiality and transparency is at the heart of my relationship with my clients. I have made some changes to ensure that I comply with the Data protection laws (GPDR 2018) and would like to tell you how I process your data.
All our conversations, the information we share together and the records that I keep are totally confidential and will not be disclosed to any person without your consent. I only use your data as necessary to carry out the performance of our contract with you, and where processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal requirement.
What I keep and what I do with it:
- Your contact details (email, telephone/mobile numbers and address) that are provided by you or your business sponsor are kept for:
- Keeping in touch occasionally
- Billing purposes
- Scheduling our meetings
- Scheduling our meetings
- Notes from our coaching sessions or workshops:
The notes from our conversations are for us to refer to during our conversations. If I make any summary notes then I send these to you during and at the end of our contract. These therefor may be held both electronically and on paper. I have in place appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. I store your personal data on a secure server with firewalls.
- I will not sell or share your information with anyone or any organization for any purpose other than to comply with legal requirements.
- I receive coaching supervision and I may refer to you anonymously. The supervision relationship is itself a confidential relationship and bound by the same Data Protection rules.
- As part of upholding professional coaching qualifications, I am required to maintain client records. As part of this, your name, company and email address are held on file.
- I will keep all hard and electronic copies of notes taken during our session, psychometric data collected or summaries shared after the sessions while we are working together. All electronically held session notes are kept for 5 years from the date of completion of our work/contract together. Hard copies are shredded after 2 years if we have not worked together during that time.
I use third party providers to do psychometrics profiling where this is part of our agreed contract. I provide them with your name, email and company name to enable this service. I endeavour to ensure that they all comply with the data protection legislation.
I may disclose personal data when required by law and in accordance with our professional registration. The conditions when we cannot maintain confidentiality are when we become aware of illegal activity, or where there is danger to others or myself. This is the code of conduct that I adhere to: https://www.apecs.org/ethical-guidelines
Please contact me:
- If any of your personal data changes
- If you would like to request a copy of your data that I hold about you (proof of identity may be required)
- If you have any changes, questions or requests regarding how I hold or use your personal information
- If you would like to request erasure of any of your information or to object to how your information is used
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org